Monday, July 27, 2015

Vegetable garden

We've been finally getting more vegetables from our garden! I've been enjoying the snow peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet banana peppers,  parsley, zucchini, eggplant, and kale.  So many more vegetables to come but I'm worried they won't due to the wet and cool temperatures we had for the most of the summer. I put down a lot of straw/bedding in the garden, grass clippings, and goat, chicken, and sheep manure.

Fall vegetables are being planted and I'm looking forward to japanese radish (daikon), hakusai (Asian cabbage), and japanese greens. I'll be making lots of jars of pickles again this year. The brine I make is usually 10 cups vinegar, 3 cup sugar and about a tbsp of salt.  It's nice to make a lot as I can give to family and friends !

No comments:

Post a Comment