Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hunt's Honey in Port Rowan, ON

Mark Hunt and his wife and 4 boys came to our house a few days ago. They brought us honey! I just love honey! Just for on toast, in my tea, baking with it, beauty recipes, and using it when I'm not feeling well...There are so many uses for it and it's unpasteurized and local:) I love having honey in our house because with three kids and a being busy all the time, it's a natural way to keep healthy. 

They gave us buckwheat honey (dark honey), wildflower honey (regular), creamed honey, and cinnamon honey (mixed with ground cinnamon). My favourite is the wildflower one. Mark's wife also uses the bees wax for making products like chapsticks and lip balms as well. I believe Mark said that they have 900 bees, but will expand to 1200 bees.

Mark Hunt and his bee farm is on: 47 concession rd, Port Rowan, ON N0E1M0. Their number is: 519-586-7979 and email is: huntshoney@hotmail.com.

Really nice people and cute kids. Mika knows a few of their sons at Port Rowan Public School.

I'm planning on making some throat lozenges with the honey! Mark invited us to his place to see the bees later as well. Looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment