Tuesday, October 1, 2013

good news..

Things always happen when you least expect them to..that's life! My daughter Emi (14 months old) had a regular appointment with a nurse practitioner in Port Rowan. She checked her weight, height, mouth, ears and lastly her eyes. Everything was going great until she said "uh, Ann when was the last time Emi had her eyes checked with a doctor?". I knew there was something wrong. Well, turns out that Emi's right eye reflex couldn't be seen. She made an appointment for Emi with our family doctor to re-check her eyes again. This worried me more and I started feeling like it's my fault her eyes are bad (I wear glasses).

Well, our family doctor checked her and said "you'll need to book an appointment with an optometrist to check Emi's eyes". Those words made me feel worse and kinda panicky. Well, I called Dr. Jane's office in Simcoe and made an appointment.  The appointment was on sept 30th 4pm and I was getting kinda nervous while in the waiting room. Emi was running everywhere and shouting "mama mama!!". Of course everyone looked at us and of course it made me start to feel hot and sweat. Finally Emi's name was called and Dr. Jane was really nice. She sang songs for Emi and let her play with some toys. Emi was getting kinda tired and and fidgety. Dr. Jane put in some dialating eye drops for Emi and she cried a little. We waited 15 mins until they took affect.

When we went back in the room to check her eyes Emi looked tired and started to cry. She didn't want to open her eyes and look at the doctor. So, I decided to hold her and give her a juice box. I should've gave her the juice box earlier, cz she was so happy and drinking and didn't seem to care one bit about the lights flashing by her eyes. Good news was that Emi's eyes were great! Dr. Jane said she could see both relex in the right and left eye! She said no signs of anything out of the ordinary in her eyes and that they looked healthy! We were so happy we kept thanking Dr. Jane Van Dyk and booked a 6 month follow-up appointment with her to see Emi and my other two kids (Daichi & Mika) in March. Great news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment