Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is coming up soon. I still don't know if we'll be having a party/family gathering. Usually we have it at our house and my brother and  his wife and kids come over for lunch. We make it afternoon because it is quite far to drive home.  That way we'll have enough time to eat, talk, and relax a while before it's time for them to drive back home.

Well, not sure if we'll be having get together with my bro and his family. Everyone's kinda busy this year and it might just be us only. It would be nice to get together, but at least we'll see them at christmas. The kids are looking forward to my turkey and stuffing and gravy! Nice to be able to spend time with the kids, husband and parents and eat good food! I'm planning on having some activities for the kids that day so we can start some traditions of our own now that they're bigger.

I think also for the kids they know that after thanksgiving it's Halloween! AND after that......christmas is just around the corner! I am really excited every year about christmas! It's such a nice happy time and well, I am looking forward to all the wrapping and the food, and spending time with my family. The kids are big enough now that I am going to "hint" to them about making things for the family to give for christmas. Daichi will be 9 at the end of Jan and Mika will be 7 on Dec 14. The kids are looking forward to the holidays and it'll be nice starting some traditions in Canada. Mika wants to learn more how to sew and she and Daichi are very creative with craftmaking. It'll be fun to see what they come up with for christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment