Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halloween and things...

So, I've decided on Emi's costume. She's going to be a cute, red strawberry! Not original, but you gotta admit it's cute! I'm thinking of making it like a hooded jacket-type style costume. I've got to make some rough drafts first, but I can picture it in my head and can't wait to get it on paper! Daichi wants to be Pikachu from Pokemon. So, I'll need yellow and brown and he'll look really cute! He loves requesting any costume cz he knows "mama can make anything"! A plus and minus really. I enjoy making them, but the demands just keep coming around halloween time. hehe..Mika wants to be a princess and we were actually given a princess costume dress. I'm happy cz it's one less costume to make!

I always make the decorations to put outside our house. I made a big spider last year; so we'll use that this year again. But, I'm not sure what to do for the front porch this year. Last year I made ghosts hanging from our tree and the year before it was jack-o-lanterns hanging around with spiders and webs. Thinking of making lots of spiders and webs and making it spooky with a skeleton! What do you think?

Kids will be excited to carve their pumpkins this year, too. They can carve them by themselves again this year. We've carved tons of cool characters on our pumpkins over the years. We've had Anpanman, Ponyo, Shokupanman, Karepanman, T-rex, hello kitty, etc.,...I wonder what Daichi and Mika will come up with this year. If I know Daichi It'll be something to do with bugs or Pokemon..And knowing Mika maybe something cute like a puppy, flower or Justin Bieber!:P

Norfolk County Fair is coming up and I hope we can go this year. Mika is sick and she missed school today. She'll probably rest again from school tomorrow. She has a sore throat, congested and a slight fever. Been trying to get her better by gargling, resting up, drinking lots of water, taking thieves and I'm diffusing it nonstop, too. Hope she feels better and that no one else gets sick! Carly Rae Jepsen is performing this year at the fair. We always love the rides, the food, seeing the animals and the Bandaloni (one man band)! He's so cool! I just love how the kids get to just let loose and run around and I enjoy watching them be kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment